The Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication of Sofia University "St. Kl. Ohridski", the academic community of media and communication in Bulgaria, journalists, media professionals and professional organizations founded the Academic Club for Media Support.
Colleagues interested in joining the Academic Media Support Club in Bulgaria can apply here.
Aims and objectives:
- To unite the efforts of academics, researchers and media for ethical and objective journalism;
- To assist public media in Bulgaria in fulfilling their public mission;
- Observations, analysis and research on the media environment in Bulgaria;
- Organizing initiatives that support the efforts of journalists to change the environment and create a quality media product;
- Responding to media crises;
- Collaborating with journalists and media organisations on violations of media freedom and institutional pressure on journalists;
- Countering phenomena and cases of corrupt relations between PR and media.
The first event of the club is a Round Table on Public Media in Bulgaria - Governance, Programming Policies, Funding and Regulation. The Round Table is part of the periodic discussions to be organized by the Academic Club for Media Support in Bulgaria.
Prof. Dr. Veselina Valkanova
Prof. Dr. Efrem Efremov
Prof. Dr. Nikolay Mikhailov
Prof. Dr. Totka Monova
Prof.Dsc. Andreana Eftimova
Prof. Dr. Lilia Raicheva
Prof. Dr. Maria Neykova
Assoc. Prof. Georgi Lozanov
Dr. Aneta Milkova
Dr. Ilija Valkov
Dr. Irina Velichkova
Prof. Dr. Danail Danov
Prof. Dr. Zdravka Konstantinova
Prof. Ivan Genchev
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Yuri Prodanov
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Svetlana Stankova
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Orlin Spasov
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Milena Tsvetkova
Prof. Diana Genova
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mila Serafimova
Dr. Olya Stoyanova
Dr. Nihal Yozergan