The Faculty Of Journalism And Mass Communication Of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” on the occasion of 70 years education in Journalism organizes a jubilee academic conference together with our official partners: Bulgarian Telegraph Agency and Bulgarian National Radio, and our academic partners Vilnius University, Lithuania, University of Bucharest, Romania, University of Niš, Serbia, Batumi Shota Rustaveli University, Georgia on the topic of
COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA IN THE 21ST CENTURY: EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHALLENGES
The conference will be held on the 27th and 28th of October 2022 within the framework of the St. Kliment Ohridski Days on the video conference platform Teams.
October 27th, 2022 (Thursday)
10:00 h - Opening speech by the Dean of the Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” prof. Dr. Vesselina Valkanova
10:10 h – Welcome speech by Nadia Vissers, Director of The European Journalism Training Association (EJTA)
Plenary Session – Beginning 10.20 h
Moderator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Manuela Manliherova
Organizer: Grisha Atanasov
(working language – English)
- Milko Petrov (Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication, Sofia University). Aspects of Media Reception
- Erika Janiūnienė, Marija Stonkienė (Vilnius University, Lithuania). Lecturers’ Feedback to Students in Media Education: Creating Personalized Learning Environment
- Raluca Radu (University of Bucharest, Romania). All Good Journalism Is Public Service Journalism
- Norbert Vrabec, Slavomír Gálik, Sabína Gáliková Tolnaiová (University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Slovakia). Journalism and Media Literacy Studies as an Academic Discipline in Slovakia: A Historical Approach
- Caroline Roth-Ebner, Christian Oggolder (University of Klagenfurt, Austria). Competencies of Choice. The Acquisition of the Digital by Seniors
- Valērijs Makarevičs (Daugavpils University, Latvia). Features of the Communicative Subculture of News Site Commentators
Links for accessing the conference panels
Opening and Plenary Session 27.10.2022, 10 h.
Meeting ID: 332 900 271 305
Transformations of Media Literacy 27.10.2022, 13 h.
Meeting ID: 339 588 574 378
Communication and Digital Turn 27.10.2022, 13 h.
Meeting ID: 396 064 809 182
Cultural and Psychological Particularities of the Communicative Process 27.10.2022, 15 h.
Meeting ID: 336 855 224 180
Journalism and War: Discursive Practices and Educational Challenges 27.10.2022, 15 h.
Meeting ID: 329 494 839 317
Professional Practice and Education: Contemporary Debates 28.10.2022, 10 h.
Meeting ID: 327 751 623 570
Contemporary Aspects of Media and Communication Theory 28.10.2022, 10 h.
Meeting ID: 353 226 410 385
Political and Ethical Dimension of the Freedom of Speech 28.10.2022, 13 h.
Changes in the Roles of Social Networks and Future Perspectives of the Media 28.10.2022, 13 h.
Meeting ID: 397 479 977 547
Communication as an Industry 28.10.2022, 15 h.
Meeting ID: 320 867 192 513
Transformational Effects in the Field of Mass Communications in Times of Crisis 28.10.2022, 15 h.
Meeting ID: 344 511 646 520